Sunday, July 5, 2009

Suuummma

This summer is an interesting one.  
I have been working for Lindsey Cheney of the Pleated Poppy.  She has an online business where she makes and sells the cutest stuff. I have had so much fun working for her and I am learning so much from her.  Check out her blog, its pretty sweet.



I have begun painting again...yay!  I'm trying to get a body of work done before the summer ends.  I need to get on that.  This is my first.  




Tamara and I are loving baking.  Chocolate cupcakes with Resces, chocolate chunks, vanilla frosting with blue sprinkles.  Bomb.com.




Nolan surprised me a few days ago and took me to Santa Barbara for the day.  We had a beach picnic, went to the zoo, did some longboarding, (I almost killed a few people- no big deal) and had some wonderful In-N-Out for din.  Good day.  



Oh, and we swam with whales that almost ate us.  Close call.



This summer God has been teaching a ton.  More about myself, more about other people, He's taught me about relationships and how to love.  Its hard when He is moving and speaking to you, because He takes you out of your comfort zone, forcing you to rely on Him.  Its also hard trying to hear His voice here in America after hearing it so clearly in Uganda.  But I am so thankful for the struggles life brings, because this is when God teaches me the most.  I am humbled and amazed at how much God has given me.  Its all from Him, and I am blessed beyond words.  

Oh- I am starting work on a website for the Living Hope Children's Home in Uganda... I'll update more on that lata...  

But for now, Happy July... 
Soak in the sunshine. : )

No comments: