Thursday, July 3, 2008

yesterday

was quite eventful.  I had just returned home from an amazing weekend at home.  My family's last sunday at Grace!  So weird.  Way more emotional than I had thought it was going to be.  But it was so good to see family and friends and hang out for a weekend.  Anyways On Tuesday I had started feeling sick, and there has been this flu going around that people have been sent home for having.  But I knew it wasn't anything like that cause it just felt like a head cold with a bit of a cough.  So I decided to wait it out and see how I was feeling in the morning.  
To make a long story short, I woke up in the morning and couldn't even stand.  I tried to put my blush on cause I looked at myself  and thought "ew I am soo pale!" but I couldn't cause I didn't have the strength.  After getting up for the fourth time, I managed to get my other flip flop on, and I prayed that God would allow me to make it to the Infirmary.  On the walk over there I could barely see, everything was amplified and seriously God was the only thing that got me there without falling.  When I walked in the nurse was all chipper like, "Hi! how are----" then she looked at me and was like, "you need to sit down."  So I really don't remember much after that, except I dry heaved a little bit (Sorry if that was too much info) and I was sent to an isolated cabin for the day.  I slept pretty much the entire day and was feeling much better, so the nurse was ready to send me home.  As I was sitting there listening to the nurse talk to me about the medicine I should take, I started to feel dizzy again, and the nurse told me I was turning green.  So I laid down and passed out.  They ended up giving me oxygen and an IV and after a few hours, a urine test, tons of blood pressure tests, a doctors examination and some Cheerios, they said that I was just really over worked and dehydrated.  They said I needed to take it easy today and drink lots of water.  So today I've mainly been reading and been on the internet all day.  Erin and I made a video about our adventure yesterday.  Check it out!

2 comments:

joy said...

joann! that's awful. you need to take better care of yourself! enought naggy moments. it was great to see you this last weekend. hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

jo!!! i didn't know you got so sick! i'm glad you're feeling much better. and i miss you soooo much. gosh. i'm a little sick myself and i just sneezed 4 times before i wrote this sentence. k well i love you and definitely drink that water like it's your life!<3