Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Africa

I just returned from Uganda, Africa the end of May.  It was probably the best experience of my life, and I am so thankful that God gave me the opportunity to go and serve His people there.  I really fell in love with the place.  It is absolutely beautiful in numerous ways.  The people there have an indescribable joy and love for God.  They do not have half of the material things or items that we have here in the states, yet they are so much richer than we are.  Here are some photos I took.  I took so many that I will have to post a few more entries with Uganda pics, but here are a few for now!


This is Beatrice and David.  They call David "Obama" because his mother is from Kenya. He is the best behaved baby I have ever met and always had the same expression on his cute little face!  Don't you just want to pinch his cheeks??  Beatrice grew to be my good friend.  She is wise beyond her years and has a deep understanding of what it means to love the Lord and trust in Him.  She inspires me to daily fall in love with Christ.


Joanna (yes we have the same name!) and Beatrice.  Joanna wants to be a journalist, has a better English vocabulary than I do, and has an insightful mind that questions the world around her in search for the truth.  These girls are amazing women of God. 

Barefoot and free in the African grass.  My favorite.


David.


My brothers and sisters.



Child of God.

I'll have some more pics up within the next few days!  Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Tamara said...

These are beautiful pictures. I can't wait to see more! And I'm so glad God gave you this opportunity - I'm sure you were just as much a blessing to these kids as they were to you.

Anonymous said...

awesome postttt. ahh i wanna hold david! miss you jo<3