Monday, June 2, 2008

Last Night.

This is my last night in my house for who knows how long.  
This is the last night in my house with the five of my family members under one roof for who knows how long.
After I come back from Hume, my family is going to be in Cornona.  We're keeping the house here in AG, but renting it out.  So who knows what is going to happen.  

I've realized my life right now is truly at a changing 
point.  It is awesome.  There are changes happening in so many people around me too.  For the better.  God is moving.  The Holy Spirit is alive and working.  Its so awesome and encouraging to see.  I'm really stoked to see how God moves at Grace Bible through all of the changes that are taking place right now.  I know God is using some really awesome people there right now to further His kingdom.  I think its going to be a hard process, but 
God is in the middle of it all.  So good.

Tomorrow night I will be at Hume Lake.  I took some time at the beach yesterday to give my future to the Lord.  It was awesome.  I know He
 is going to do crazy things that I'm not even expecting in the least.  It will be cool to look back on my life at this time next year and say, "wow, I had no idea what God was going to do with my life."  I know that this time last year I was in a COMPLETELY different state of mind, and at such a different place than I am now.  I love where I am.  God has brought me through so many trials and hard times, but I am so glad, because without them I wouldn't be where I am at this moment.  

Heres to the future!  Heres to the journey!  Heres to the Adventure awaiting!

Oh, and heres my address at Hume incase you
 wanna drop me a line!

Joanna Pickett, Staff
Hume Lake Christian Camps
64144 Hume Lake Road
Hume, CA 93628-9999





Peace out.  For now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jo,

Thank you so much for your blog entry about the house in AG.

We've had such great times there together. Yet, that season is now coming to a close and a beautiful new one is before us. You are so right, we don't know what God has in store for us.

When your Mom and I bought the house back in 1998, it was without a lot of thought or passion. It was close to the church and it was within our budget. It was a cookie cutter tract home. We were hurt and pretty wounded from the church experience in Atlanta.

Yet, look at what has happened there. 375 Chaparral has grown, almost like a metaphor for our family. May all of us Picketts grow in His grace as we move into the new seasons He has for each of our lives.

Thank you for keeping us posted over the blog. I love you,

Dad